This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
Indian Curry Taquitos are the ultimate comfort food and perfect Super Bowl appetizer.
According to my Instagram stories, I have been working out and eating healthy the past few months. And, with great results too. I got engaged this summer, and so I’m sweating for the wedding and all that.
But, this bad boy tempts me to put on some stretchy pants and stay at home with my bad self and indulge while drinking too much wine and watching trashy TV. Does drinking too much wine and watching trashy TV count as a hobby? Asking for a friend.
As a gal in my 30’s the Netflix & wine ritual is a right of passage into adulthood where I actually have been known to pass up plans, fun plans, with other human beings (FYI- I never pass up plans with my dogs) for a night in alone. When did this become a thing?! But, I love it. Sometimes you just need that time to unwind after a long week. The almighty “they” never told us growing up how hard and stressful being an adult and working all the time can be. So yeah, here I am, on the internet, admitting it. Sometimes I sit at home alone on a Friday night by choice. And, let me tell you, next time I do that, I’m making myself this for my movie night at home.
And, since it’s Super Bowl season, these Indian Curry Taquitos are the perfect Super Bowl appetizer. You will blow everyone at the Super Bowl party away with your dynamite appetizer that will leave them all ooo-ing and ahh-ing. Or, ya know, you could have a Super Bowl party at home so you can keep them all for yourself. This is a judgement free zone!
- 2 large golden potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1 habanero pepper (optional if you like it extra spicy)
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 (ish) tbs curry paste
- salt to taste
- 12 taco tortillas (not the street taco size, but the bigger, but not big ones)
- oil for frying
- Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbs Jalapeño ranch
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp sweet relish
- 1 tsp hot sesame oil
- 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
- Heat large pan over medium heat.
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces.
- Drizzle pan with oil of choice and add potatoes.
- Chop chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- When potatoes are about halfway done, add chicken.
- Dice onion, serrano pepper, habanero peppers and cherry tomatoes.
- When chicken is about halfway done, add to pan.
- Add curry paste.
- You want this to be thicker than a traditional curry. If needed, add in some water if it's getting too thick. However, tomatoes will break down and release water as well.
- When everything is cooked, remove from heat.
- Start heating oil for frying or deep fryer. If using a pan, add at least an inch of oil.
- Add curry mixture to tortillas.
- In batches, fry the tortillas until golden brown.
- Serve hot!
- For the dipping sauce, mix all ingredients together. You did it!
If you like this, check our Spicy Plantain Nachos and Baked Coconut Shrimp!