This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
Hello, my name is Jane, and I’m basic, and a pumpkin addict. I have been counting down the days to pumpkin latte reason since last year. Once the weather turns cool, I move onto other things, but with fall buzzing around me, all I want is to break out the Ugg boots and a pumpkin latte.
I am trying to be healthier. I’ve kind of fallen off the healthy bandwagon this past year. I haven’t gained any weight, but I certainly haven’t been treating my body right, and I can tell I’ve lost muscle tone. Blah. But, I am feeling pumped and determined to turn that around. I’ve re-upped my gym membership, and been every day since and I decided to cut sugar out of my diet. Sweet, sweet, wonderful sugar.
Wine doesn’t count.
And you know what, I feel great! Better than I’ve felt in a long time.
But then I remembered that pumpkin lattes were out too. Cue the shock and horror!
I knew this meant I would need to come up with my own pumpkin latte recipe, and you know what, I honestly think this is even better than Starbucks.
“What?!?!” You say! And, believe me, I understand your hesitation. But, this has ACTUAL pumpkin in it! And, it is divine.
For sweetness, I use Swerve, which is erythritol, a zero calorie alcohol sugar that doesn’t have the chemical-ly after taste that other sugar substitutes have. Seriously, you would have no idea this isn’t sugar.
A couple months ago I picked up an espresso maker at a local yard sale. The lady said it worked great, they just never used it. And, honestly, I thought it might have the same fate at my house, but I decided to splurge the $5 she was asking and snag it. I’m so glad I did. It gets used all the time. Other than the actual coffee maker, it’s probably our most used appliance. If it ever dies, I will absolutely be paying up to get another at full price, because it’s worth it! I got the older version, but the new one has even more bells and whistles, but is still very reasonable compared to other brands.
So there you have it, the dramatic saga that lead me, one brisk afternoon, to creating my own sugar free, real pumpkin latte recipe. Enjoy!
Real Pumpkin Latte
- 2 Tbs 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs half and half
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice cinnamon, ginger, clove & nutmeg
- swerve sweetener as desired
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1 cup of Silk coconut milk
- 1 tsp swerve
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a small bowl combine pumpkin puree and half and half. Blend together until smooth. This is important to make sure the pumpkin isn't chunky later.
- Add in pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and slowly stir in espresso, making sure the mixture is completely incorporated.
- Slowly stir in Silk (or other low carb) coconut milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine swerve, vanilla extract and heavy cream.
- Beat on high until forms stiff peaks.
- Add coffee to a cup, top with whipped cream (this will make more whipped cream than you need) and sprinkle with cinnamon.