This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
Wow! Wow! Wow! This sushi bowl is so good! And easy! It’s the perfect dinner recipe for a busy weeknight or weekend when you’ve been on the go.
What I love about this sushi bowl dinner recipe is that not only is it easy, but it’s also healthy. It’s so much easier than making sushi at home, but it has all the flavor, with none of the hassle. Or the cost!
We love sushi, and while we do like making it ourselves, it is a big ordeal and it isn’t always practical to make at home. It also can get pricey if you’re eating out all the time. So, we came up with this sushi bowl idea that gives us all of the taste but none of the work.
Seriously, the most time consuming part of this recipe is cooking the rice. Everything else is whipped up in minutes, if not seconds.
We love sushi and make it the long way as a fun date night at home. And, if you’re feeling fancy, this low carb sushi stack is divine. But, this sushi bowl recipe is great for nights when you don’t want to work that hard.
Sushi Bowl Recipe
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 1 cup of broth
- salt to taste
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 cup imitation crab or real (cooked, if you're feeling fancy)
- sheets of nori
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- 2 tbs mayo
- 2 tbs sriracha
- soy sauce for dipping
- Cook rice according to package but use broth instead of water. When finished, salt to taste
- Chop avocado, slice cucumber, and scallions
- Break apart imitation crab into bite size pieces
- Arrange bowl with rice, avocado, cucumber, scallions, crab, and sheets of nori
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Mix equal parts mayo and sriracha