This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
Now that all the champagne from ringing in 2017 has worn off, it’s time to get down to business. A New Year brings new resolutions, and I for one love New Year’s resolutions. They get a bad rep for broken promises, empty goals and giving up by February 1st. I love having something to strive for, but I’ve found that I need to make my goals specific, and give myself a road map for how to get there.
A healthy, active lifestyle is very important to me. I would love to have my resolution be have a beach bod, then I could wave my magic wand and make it so, washboard abs and all. But, I’m trying to break it down into more manageable steps, so instead my goals are:
- Consistently Work Out 3x/Week – The trick to working out is consistency. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. Doing it, that’s another story. 3 times a week is completely manageable with my current lifestyle, I use to always do this, and then life got a little crazy and I fell off the bandwagon. I just need to make it part of my routine again.
- Finish a Round of Whole 30 – I did a round last year and loved it, time to get back on track! So far I’m 10 days in!
A healthy work/life balance is the ultimate goal. That can become so difficult. Life gets so busy, work takes over, and the next thing I know I’m working 6-7 days/week, neglecting my health and happiness all for my work. So, in 2017 I want to make a conscious effort to:
- Take a Vacation – A real one, not just to visit family. Preferably, one involving a beach, bikinis and mai tais with the handsome hunk.
- Get Out and Explore – Washington state is beautiful with so many places I’ve never been. Once a month I want to get out, go on a hike, and reconnect with this beautiful place! First hike of the year is already in the books!
- Write Weekly Letters – I love snail mail, and I know other people do too. It’s such a great way to connect with someone in a digital world.
Is there anything better than coming home to a cozy place you love at the end of the day? That warm fuzzy feeling is the one I get the instant I walk through the door. I’m lucky enough to live in a home that I love. But, there is always room for improvement, so I would like to:
- Set Up my Home Office – Not the most exciting thing on the list, but boy it will be so nice when I have it all set up! Right now all the office stuff is scattered through the whole house AND garage. Yikes! I’ve been dreaming about my perfect home office.
- Get my Bedroom Cozified – Isn’t it funny that the room the most for us, is the one that gets neglected the most? I need to put some time and effort into my bedroom to make it a calming, cozy sanctuary. My guest bedroom is cuter than my room! I’m glad my guests have a cozy place to stay, but I need one too.
I am so lucky to have an amazing relationship with a great guy, and I would like to keep it that way! Taking time to be intentional about my relationship is very important to me, so in 2017 I will:
- Have Weekly Date Nights – Best night of the week! It doesn’t always have to be extravagant, but making sure we make time for each other with our busy schedules is one of my top goals for 2017.
- Plan a Weekend Getaway – A romantic getaway to one of the surrounding islands, or maybe a weekend adventure in Portland. Don’t know what it will be yet, but something fun!
What are your goals for 2017?
One of my resolutions is to take a vacation too! I’d love to hit Europe, but if my pocket book can’t take it, I’d love to see Glacier National Park. One of my best friends is moving to Hawaii, and I’m crossing my fingers I can visit her.
Do you have a friend you can go the gym with? I’ve found that that helps me be accountable! Or, I text a friend when I go (or snapchat!).
Ooo Europe sounds perfect! It’s on my list for next year! Glacier National Park is suppose to be absolutely beautiful. It’s on my bucket list too. And YES visit Hawaii! I use to live there and it’s the most beautiful & perfect place on earth.
These are great goals! I have yet to post my goals because life but I have a bunch I want to hit this year!
Can’t wait to hear all yours! <3
I love your goals for 2017, they are real and they have purpose which is amazing! 🙂 Here is to an awesome 2017!
I think 2017 is going to be the best year ever! I can’t wait. I know it’s going to be great for the three of you too!
My goals are similar to yours! 3x a week workout and of course, as much travel as possible! I can’t imagine the beautiful places you have in your backyard to explore in Washington! Good luck with your year!
Travelling as much as possible sounds like PERFECT goal for 2017 to me!! <3
Kate at Green Fashionista says
Awesome list and YES to vacations! I’m always in awe of everyone who does the Whole 30. I really need to try it out, but am super nervous!
You should definitely do it! Once you get in the swing of it, it isn’t too difficult and your body will thank you!
These are great goals, so great that if I were to make a list some of these would be on there! I have a few things in mind but haven’t decided if I’m going to do a list.
I’m a list person, I put everything in a list haha! But, if you’re not a list person then screw it! Having a fabulous year is all that matters.
Those are great goals! I’ve debating trying to do a whole 30. How do you like it?
I love it! I did one round last year, and I hate being one of those people who sound like they are part of a cult, but it seriously did amazing things for me. And, I didn’t keep it up, so I am really excited to be doing it again.
I love your goal to write more snailmail! There is something so special about getting letters in the mail. Sounds like 2017 is going to be a great year for you! 🙂
These are some great 2017 goals! Look forward to seeing the results : )
What awesome goals! Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful year! I love a fresh new year and new goals too, even if people laugh at it and say the enthusiasm fizzles out after a few weeks. I actually have mailing letters on my goal list for the year too, it’s such an easy thing but I love it!
I love your goals Jane! Exercise is my passion, so setting a consistent routine is a great goal. And I love our state too! There is so much to see and do. Hiking is a favorite of ours.
I want to do a Whole30 so bad but I also don’t want to cook 2 meals (one for the kids). You go girl!