This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
Camping season is upon us! The handsome hunk and I love a little weekend getaway camping trip. Or, as I like it, glamping trip. Y’all, this man is so good to me. He is a big fan of roughing it, but has greatly expanded our glamping gear to make me more comfortable on our weekends in the woods.
One of our favorite parts of camping is the cooking. Cooking over a grill and campfire is so fun and such a different experience from the usual stovetop. We like to go beyond the usual hotdogs and burgers while camping. Although, it wouldn’t be camping without hot dogs once. This peach cobbler really takes camping breakfasts to the next level! It’s super tasty, but also quite easy to make with limited items on hand.
The biggest trick is using a good, heavy, cast iron pan. This will help the orange rolls bake without burning. Camping breakfasts don’t have to just be oatmeal or eggs. You’re imagination is the only limitation!
Camping Peach Cobbler
Cook up a gourmet camping breakfast! This camping peach cobbler won’t disappoint.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 can of orange rolls
- 4 cans of sliced peaches
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs flour
- butter (enough to coat pan)
- cast iron skillet
- 15 min uncovered
- 15 min covered
- Get cast iron onto fire or grill, in an area where heat will be medium.
- Drain peaches, mix in a bowl with sugar and flour. Set aside.
- Melt butter to coat pan.
- Break up the orange rolls into bit sized pieces. Put half the rolls in the bottom of the pan.
- Add peaches to the pan.
- Top with remaining orange rolls.
- Check after 15 minutes, if looking mostly cooked through, except for center, remove cover and cook until center rolls finished. About another 15 minutes.
- If more time is needed, check every 5 minutes.
- If desired, drizzle with frosting from orange rolls.