This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
This is a recipe straight from the fella behind the scenes of Typically Jane, the handsome hunk, Tom! Not only is he the perfect instagram boyfriend, photographer, sounding board, and supporter but he is an amazing chef. He grew up in restaurants, it’s in his blood, his family has a successful (and delish!) BBQ restaurant. He is a true chef, where he can look at a few random ingredients in the house and come up with an incredible meal. Whenever I come up with an idea for dinner, he takes it to the next level!
Which is exactly what happened with this meal. Summer is here and I suggested we make burgers for dinner. He took my idea and made it into these amazing lettuce wrap sliders! In his true fashion, the recipe isn’t exact. He eyeballs everything and knows from instinct how much he needs of this and that. So, I did my best to turn his instinct into approximate measurements. Many of the ingredients are to taste. If you like spicy, add more red chili flakes, if you don’t add less.
We try to eat healthy and swap out things out for healthier ones. In this recipe we swapped out buns for lettuce wraps. You also could swap out the beef for turkey, and a 50-50 mix. Instead of french fries you could have this with sweet potato fries or a salad.
This was a fun date night at home. Cooking together is one of our favorite things to do. It makes weeknights a little more fun and making sure we get that quality time together is a must!Print
Lettuce Wrap Sliders
Simple and delicious all american sliders made a little healthier in a lettuce wrap
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt – To taste
- Pepper – To taste
- Dried Oregano – About 1 Tbs
- Onion Powder – About 1 Tbs
- Garlic Powder – About 1 Tbs
- Chili Powder – To taste
- Red Chili Flakes – To taste
- Beer – Glug
- Worcestershire Sauce – 3ish Dashes
- Large leaf lettuce – 8 leaves for single wrap (16 leaves for double wrap)
- Toppings of your choice: Cheese (Ketchup, Mustard, Pickles, Onions, Etc.)
- Mix ground beef, salt, pepper, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, red chili flakes, beer and worcestershire sauce.
- Form into 8 patties
- Cook on medium heat for 7-9 minutes depending on desired doneness