This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
The handsome hunk, Tom, and I love date night at home. Whether it’s a bonfire in the backyard with some fancy s’mores (these are our favorite s’mores), taking a walk around the neighborhood, or making dinner together. Cooking together is one of our favorite ways to spend an evening.
This summer, we went tuna fishing. It was a truly fantastic day, and such an amazing experience. It started at 4:00 am and the adventure went all day. It ended with us stocking the freezer full of fresh albacore tuna. That is one, of the many, reasons I love the Pacific Northwest. We are always able to stock our freezer and pantry with things we grow, catch, and sometimes simply find, ourselves.
So, bottom line is, we ended up with a ton of fresh tuna, and so I’ve been trying a bunch of new tuna recipes out. This one, this one is not only one of the best tuna recipes that has come from our tuna recipe quest, it’s one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. Period. These spicy asian tuna stacks are easy enough that you can absolutely make this for a quick weeknight dinner. But, it is absolutely divine and will knock your socks off, and your date’s socks, if you make this for a romantic date night.
Tom has been killing it at the whole low carb thing, and I’ve been supporting him and eating that way myself. But, one thing I really have been missing is sushi. Well, no more! These spicy asian tuna stacks the perfect low carb answer to a keto sushi recipe. It’s everything you want in a sushi roll, sans rice. If you aren’t doing low carb though, you could easily cook up some sushi rice and add that in a layer.
These spicy asian tuna stacks are also a lot easier than making sushi too. We have a sushi rolling kit, and it’s a fun way to spend an evening, but it isn’t as easy as the sushi chefs at your favorite sushi spot make it look. These are an incredibly easy dinner recipe, and they also look super fancy.
Spicy Asian Tuna Stacks | Low Carb, Keto Sushi
Oh boy, if you want a dynamite dinner, these spicy asian tuna stacks are it. They are so, so, so dang good! While this is incredible with fresh baked tuna, it would be easy, and tasty, with canned tuna as well. Add in extra spicy if you like it extra spicy!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large albacore tuna filet (can also use 2 cans of canned tuna)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 mango
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbs soy sauce divided
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbs sriracha
- 1 tsp hot chili sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- sprinkle of black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450
- Bake tuna for about 10 minutes, until done. Careful not to overcook the tuna.
- While tuna bakes, chop cucumber, mango, and red onion. Combine on a bowl with 1 tbs of soy sauce and set aside.
- Chop avocado and set aside.
- When tuna is done, let cool. Then flake in a bowl. Combine with mayo, sriracha, hot chili sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar.
- Spray the inside of a measuring cup. Layer cucumber melody, tuna, cream cheese, and avocado.
- Take a plate, put on top of the measuring cup, and flip over, then carefully lift the measuring cup.
- Top with sriracha, and black sesame seeds.