This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
You my friends are in for a treat! This is one of those recipes that I came up with on a whim, trying to use up things in the freezer. Sometimes that makes for lackluster dinners. And, sometimes, a star is born! This ladies and gentlemen is a star!
We had some pork sitting in the freezer that the handsome hunk, aka my husband Tom, wanted to use for dinner. Our usual go to for a pork roast is BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. Which, are great, but I really wasn’t feeling them. I wanted something a little healthier, lower carbs, and less sugar.
Searching the internet was giving me nothing other than pulled pork. So, I went to the pantry to see what all we had and these pork stuffed poblano peppers were the end result.
These pork stuffed peppers are a little sweet, a little spicy and crazy delicious. Soy sauce is one of my secret ingredients for cooking. Instead of adding salt, I will often add soy sauce. Even, in non-Asian dishes, like this one. It adds a little depth of flavor and a light almost smoky quality.
Baking the poblanos on a high heat gives you two great outcomes. First, it chars the outsides of the poblanos which makes them roasty and delicious. It also gets little bits of the pork all crispy. It is heaven in a bite!
We served this over brown rice and beans to complete it as a meal. Since making this up, we have made it several more times, and each time it’s just as delicious. Perfect dinner that everyone will love! Warning, when I say everyone, I also mean every dog. Beware, this dinner may bring out some naughty puppy behavior. Like trying to steal a bite in the middle of your pre-dinner photo shoot.Print
Sweet & Spicy Slow Cooker Pork Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 peppers 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3–4 lb pork roast
- 2 cups peach or pineapple salsa
- 3 tbs hot sauce of choice (I used Franks)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 6 poblano peppers
- Place pork roast in crock pot with salsa, hot sauce, orange juice, and soy sauce
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- When pork is finished, shred in pot and stir to make sure all of the pork is coated in salsa mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut tops off poblano peppers and remove seeds and stems.
- Stuff peppers with pork mixture, making sure to get all the way down inside the pepper which can be twisted and takes a little maneuvering.
- Place poblano peppers in a greased baking dish. Note: You want a dish, and not a tray, because this will get juicy.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes. Check, if peppers are roasted and turning black on the outside they are good to go! If they need more time, do an additional 15 minutes.
- Enjoy hot out of the oven! Any of the salsa/pork juices that are at the bottom of the pan can be drizzled back on top of the peppers. Yum!
Enjoy your pork stuffed peppers!