This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
Alright so we had a less than healthy recipe with the crunchwrap, so I thought it would be good to balance it out with a healthy dinner idea! Hello garlic spinach spaghetti squash bake!
Not only is this spaghetti squash bake delicious, but it’s really healthy and is really great just on its own, or as a base that can be transformed based on your tastes.
While I love cooking, and trying new things, let’s acknowledge that life these days is exhausting. And, coming up with something new, delicious, healthy, and Pinterest worthy to cook every night is exhausting. We are expected to do so much more these days than we ever were in the past. And, it is suppose to be picture perfect on top if it.
As a blogger, I know I struggle with this sometimes, and in talking to friends and family, it seems to be universal. So, what does this have to do with spaghetti squash?
Well, I mentioned that this is good just as written, but also as a base recipe that you can change up. Instead of reinventing the wheel every night for dinner, having a recipe like this on hand that you can make weekly, and easily change up, is key. Like kale? Use that! Onions, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, zucchini, etc in the fridge? Use em! Got marinara? Make it like spaghetti. Leftover meatloaf, meatballs, roasted vegetables, ham, etc? Throw them in! Don’t have meat on hand? Skip it. Have different meat? Use that instead! Love spicy? Add red pepper. Love cheese? Put it on top. Anything that’s laying around in your fridge and pantry is fair game.
And that makes your life a little easier and every little bit helps!
Garlic Spinach Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 head garlic
- 2 links chicken sausage
- 4 handfulls raw spinach
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. A lot of recipes will have you do it longways, but this cuts your shreds in half. If you cut it the short way, you keep your shreds long. So, cut it short way! Put on a baking sheet, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove paper layers from head of garlic, but keep head in tact. Cut off the tips of the cloves. Wrap entire head loosely in foil. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake spaghetti squash and garlic for approximately 40 minutes.
- While squash and garlic bake, slice sausage and cook in a skillet.
- When sausage is cooked, add spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted.
- Remove spaghetti squash and garlic from the oven. Shred the spaghetti squash and add to the skillet. Pop garlic cloves out of skin and add to skillet.
- Plate and garnish with parmesan. Enjoy hot!