This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a commission if you click on a link, or make a purchase using the links in this post. All opinions are my own.
Eating healthy, doesn’t have to mean always skipping dessert. I’m sharing my take on a healthy dessert, a guilt free whiskey apple crisp.
Know what I love during the holidays? Sweets and baking! Know what I don’t love during the holidays? Packing on the pounds. We all know we work way too hard during the rest of the year to let it all fall apart now. Which is why I love a healthy dessert, and this guilt free apple crisp definitely hits the spot.
Since getting engaged, fitness has been on my mind even more than usual. My wedding is next summer though, so I don’t want to deprive myself of everything until then. So, I’m trying to find low calorie dessert options that will give me my sweet tooth fix, but also keep me on track for my goals.
Now, would it be better if it was full of butter and real sugar? Maybe. But, it’s delicious just the way it is, with zero guilt. As far as a healthy dessert goes, this one is pretty good. You could also easily make this for a yummy breakfast!
The whiskey adds a little bit of extra flavor, and moisture that you would normally get from butter. If you want to omit the whiskey, I would still add in some moisture of some sort, or the crisp won’t come together. You could use apple juice or cider.
Guilt Free Whiskey Apple Crisp
- 2 apples
- 2 tbs whiskey
- 4 tbs swerve or erythritol of choice divided 1 and 3
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350
- Slice the apples. If you would like, peel the apples as well. I left the skins on for a rustic look.
- Add apples, whiskey, and 1 tbs of erythritol to a well seasoned cast iron skillet.
- Mix remaining erythritol, oatmeal, flour and cinnamon.
- Top over the apples.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 15 minutes, uncover, cook for an additional 10 minutes, and then check every 5 minutes, until top is toasted.